• Extra Virgin or Virgin?
• Bitter or Pungent?
• Healthy or less healthy?
• With excellent organoleptic profile or with defects?
• Are you familiar with the Cretan varieties?
• What about the Cretan diet and its benefits ?
• Why do Cretans have the highest consumption in olive oil?
• Common myths about olive oil?
• What does “quality” mean in olive oil?
• Extra Virgin or Organic?
• PDO or PGI or Integrated Farming?
• How do you choose a good olive oil?
All these questions and even more will be answered by professionals.
The course includes:
a. Tour in our olive grove and our unique olive mill
b. Full description of the olive oil extraction procedure
b. Presentation on the Cretan olive oil culture and diet, theory on quality parameters, categories and extending olive oil tasting plus terminology
c. Understanding the basics on olive oil tasting, positive characteristics and common defects
d. Cretan varieties
e. Health related aspects
f. Do's and dont's on storage and use of extra virgin olive oil
After the course participants will be able to:
a. Understand and describe the olive oil quality parameters
b. Evaluate an olive oil
c. Detect possible defects
d. Choose the very best according to their needs
e. Protect and keep fresh the EVOO at home
e. Become familiar with the Cretan "Olive Oil" culture
A certificate of attendance is given.
The seminar is given by Ms Eleftheria Germanaki , an expert in olive oil quality and tasting, and mr Emmanouil Karpadakis, with huge international experience.
• Each course is for two to eight persons only
• The course is conducted inside an olive mill
• Suitable for novice or experts (please declare during booking)
• Special rates for groups (3 to 8 persons)
• You will have a chance to sample a variety of appetizers after the olive oil tasting, free of charge.
• Free wi-fi is available
• A small retail shop is located in the facilities
• Please avoid the use of strong fragrances and smoking at least an hour before the seminar.
- A tailor made seminar can be organised upon reguest. Please send a message throught this platform, or at email@example.com
* Each seminar has up to eight persons only
Please book your seminar from here http://www.terracreta.gr/booktour.aspx?lang=en&id=291#id=the-the-exciting-wine-olive-oil-tour-tour-of-kolymvari-crete-Greece
Terra Creta was Awarded as "Unique tour operator of the year for Crete", by LTG
They wrote for us