Once produced, our extra virgin olive oil is filtered to remove any remaining fruit particles from the clear olive oil.
The oil is then stored in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures. The art of making a good olive oil is far from over. Like a fine wine connoisseur, our master blender evaluates the different batches produced during harvest and artfully creates and defines the final batches of oil that will be used for our different labels (Estate and Traditional). The olive oil produced in November is very green, significantly different than that produced in December, which is milder with more mature flavors. At last, our precious olive oil is ready to be bottled into special, fine glass bottles or tin cans, labeled, boxed, palletized and shipped around the world.
Key characteristics of Terra Creta’s bottling unit
- Three floors of offices with a total area of 2,500 sq. meters;
- Two fully automatic bottling lines with a capacity of 4,000 bottles per hour and three semi-automatic bottling lines with a capacity of 600 containers per hour for special bottles or tins;
- Environmentally friendly buildings using sunlight through special solar tubes for internal lighting.
- Flexibility to fill a variety of different bottles or tins;
- Twelve stainless steel, olive oil storage tanks with a total capacity of 2,100 tonnes;
- Multi-certified, total quality management systems: IFS, ISO 22000:2005 (HACCP), ISO 9001:2008, Kosher, BIOHELLAS, NOP-USDA, ECOCERT and KRAV for organic olive oil production;
- Finished goods storage space of 1200 sq. meters.